4 Cladding Services
GDPR 2018 PRIVACY NOTICE
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Industar Limited (hereafter referred to as Industar) are pleased to provide the following information:
Who we are
Industar specialises in the sale and contract hire of professional vacuum cleaners and electric tow tugs for industrial use.
Any information collected and used by Industar is held securely. The data which is held on premises is done so behind both physical and digital security.
Physically, information is held on premises that has security fencing around the perimeter, electric fob-controlled gates and CCTV. Within the premises itself, the information is either held in soft or hard copy. All of which is either password protected or behind locked doors that have restricted access.
Digital information is held on a local central server that cannot be accessed outside of the premises without the need for secure passwords and login information. The server is a Microsoft Exchange server which is GDPR compliant. For more information please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/Privacy/gdpr/default.aspx
Industar uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information which the company believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Industar maintaining a dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in maintaining the contact.
Industar may occasionally also act in the capacity of data processor in some instances. When working exclusively as a data processor, Industar will be acting on your behalf, and will work hard to ensure that the work is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms you complete on our website, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Industar may, from time to time, use such information to identify its visitors. Industar may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information Industar holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Industar will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the services it provides. The company does not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Industar have coincidently purchased from a third-party list broker. This may happen on an occasional basis.
For the purposes of payroll, marketing and certain other services Industar uses third party suppliers, who for the purposes of GDPR are processors. These suppliers are based within the EEA.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Industar contractual obligations to its employees, customers and to respond to business enquiries.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Industar processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +44 (0) 370 741 7600 or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Industar may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Industar requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. Industar do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the company without your consent. However, Industar may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The business may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or
technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Industar, its clients and/or the wider community.
Industar will process personal data during the duration of the business relationship or contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after any contact has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted. Data storage concerning employees is covered in an addendum to their employment contracts.
Data is held in the United Kingdom on the local server Industar have.
Your rights as a data subject At any point whilst Industar is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Industar refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request Industar can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Industar) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Industar and information about these interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required Industar will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Industar is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0) 370 741 7600 or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Industar or its processors, you have the right to complain to Industar’s Directors. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Industar Limited, attention of the Directors Gateway to Humberside Industrial Park, Gilberdyke, East Yorkshire, HU15 2TD Telephone +44 (0) 370 741 7600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Issued 11 May 2018 V1